Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Starting Anew...

I find this title apropos given that like this blog, the D family is starting anew, once again. I deleted the previous posts from last year since they were a bit anti-climatic and didn't give me the ability to lead into the now.

As some of you may or may not know, we are in transition of our fourth move (yes, I said fourth) with Big Poppa's company. His division has been moved to their company headquarters in Atlanta so we are officially on the move again! I am somewhat sad for this move since we are about to hit the 5 year mark in North Carolina, which is the longest we've ever lived somewhere. We've come to love the Tar Heel state and have both said that we could see ourselves laying down roots here if possible. While we will be bidding adieu to NC as permanent residents, we have agreed to continue our 4th of July trips to the Outer Banks. Big Poppa is very sad to be land-locked again and not able to make weekend suicide trips to the beach to fish.

On a positive note, this will be the first move that we will actually know people where we are moving to!! We have yet to move somewhere where we have friends already there so this will be a comforting change. Another big plus is that I will actually get to see my husband on a regular basis! His travel will be cut way back since his main account is also based out of Hotlanta. We are planning on renting for six months until we get a feel for the area instead of jumping in feet first as we did here in NC. I'm very proud of us for making such a mature, adult decision!

I'm sure in the next few weeks as we make our transition to becoming Georgia peaches I will have plenty to gab about. I'm also excited to talk about some new music I have found and rekindling the running flame. Stay tuned!

No comments: