Friday, June 11, 2010

Teething Beauty

So much going on the D household these days!  We put in an offer on a house about a week ago and have been negotiating back and forth since then.  Hopefully we will have a final answer sometime today -I am SOOO ready to be have my furniture and things back and just get settled.  I think I can speak for the rest of the family, including the dogs.

Miss K is growing like a weed!  She is becoming such a big girl, it makes me sad.  We started solids about 2 weeks ago and so far she's a fan of peas, squash, and sweet potato.  Avocados, not so much.  HATES cereal.  Green beans are on the menu next week to try! 

I know I posted a while back that Miss K was cutting her first tooth.  Honestly, I would have never known that she was cutting a tooth.  I was just feeling her gums one day and felt it poking through.  None of the real obvious signs that you read about- a little drooling and some ear batting but that's it.  Since then, the tooth is in and visible!  It's so cute  :)

However, my sweet Miss K has disappeared.  She is now Teething Monster Beauty.  We have a second tooth coming in right next to the first one and I think it's made of Kryptonite.  We are in full on nasty mode.  Bless her heart, I know it has to hurt and Tylenol isn't helping.  Today we are going to buy every teething remedy out there in hopes to find a winner.  Wish me luck.  Between this and still no "me" time or running, I'm turning into a monster myself.  I tried to go get that much needed mani/pedi last week with Miss K in tow.  Just one word.  Hu-freakin-larious.  And not in a good way.  There was nothing relaxing about the experience listening to Miss K scream and the poor nail people clucking and talking to her in Vietnamese all the while trying to paint said nails and toes Dutch Tulips.  What stinks is she was an angel the first 10 minutes, just long enough for me to quasi-relax.  Sigh.  And to top it off?  I completely jacked up my thumb while trying to load her into the car, still screaming.   Did I go back in to have it fixed?  Nope, accepted defeat and drove home. 

I promise to have two other posts done this weekend, but right now I need to go tame the monster!  Any suggestions from other mommies on teething wonders would be much appreciated!  :)

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hyland's (?) Homeopathic teething tablets - have you tried those? And Orajel. That's all I've got. :) I can just picture that mani/pedi experience!